Recovering cammed cryptocurrency

The wrong number text scam is becoming increasingly common, and it’s essential to understand how these schemes work and how they can lead to major financial losses, particularly in the world of cryptocurrency. If you receive a random text from someone claiming they meant to message a friend, inquire about a doctor’s appointment, or start a casual conversation, this could be the start of a crypto scam.

In some cases, these texts lead directly to what the experts at BitReclaim.com call the Mandy Scam, where a bot pretends to be a woman looking to build a relationship or hook-up. This scam is designed to lead you down a path where they eventually ask you to send funds—often in USDT or other cryptocurrencies. I encountered one of these scams and nearly lost $418,000 worth of USDT sent through Coinbase.

Luckily, I had the foresight to contact BitReclaim.com, a renowned American smart contract audit firm specializing in tracing and recovering stolen cryptocurrency. Their forensic team used digital triangulation to track my funds and helped me open a detailed case. They were able to trace the stolen USDT to leveraged outsourced wallets and recover a significant portion of my funds. I’ve already detached 5.7 BTC and am just waiting on the Ethereum gas fee to release the rest into my Ledger Nano.

If you’ve encountered anything similar, don’t hesitate to reach out to BitReclaim. You can find them on Telegram at @bitreclaims, or call/text them at +1 310-893-5756. They were instrumental in recovering my lost funds, and they could help you too.

It’s important to note that even seemingly harmless bits of information you share in these scams (like replying with your name out of courtesy) can be collected and used in more elaborate data-gathering scams later. So, stay alert and never respond to suspicious texts.