[NIP Submission] Rewriting Personal History: An NFT-Driven Social Interaction Through RDF Mechanism

Author’s information

Kurt, an enthusiastic NFT collector and crypto researcher, deeply immersed in both the artistic and collectible aspects of the NFT world and the broader decentralized social space. I’m passionate to leverage my insights to further the growth and adoption of NFTs, especially their immutability and programmability, key features that I believe hold immense potential to reshape the future of digital interactions and ownership.

Simple Summary

This NIP proposes an innovative integration of NFTs and social media interactions to encode and represent individual histories and social engagements in a secure, immutable, and uncensorable manner leveraging Resource Description Framework’s (RDF) mechanism and Mint chain.

Abstract

This proposal explores the possibilities of uniformly representing personal historical content using NFTs and social media interactions.

The RDF (Resource Description Framework), a structure designed to support resource descriptions on the web, is put to use to store personal histories and social interactions on the blockchain (e.g. low-fee Mint Blockchain).

The unique combination of subject-predicate-object triples in RDF can describe historical/social records as NFTs, essentially paving the way for a new era of ‘writing history as an NFT’.

Motivation

The motivation behind this NFT proposal is twofold:

• To leverage the unalterable, tradeable nature of NFTs to securely store personal histories and social media interactions;
  • To pioneer a new way for anyone to ‘write’ history by minting it as an NFT.

Addressing the concerns around centralized control and censorship within social media platforms, this mechanism provides a decentralized protocol for preserving personal history, and brings an era of autonomous control over historical data.

Rationale

By way of an RDF semantic structure, the proposal introduces a paradigm-shift in how we approach personal history and social interactions.

Given the current situation where social media platforms have unilateral control over our digital histories, we seek a system where one’s account of events cannot be manipulated or lost arbitrarily.

RDF triples (subject, predicate, object) can aid in formulating these interactions into NFTs - creating a decentralized, non-transferable, and immutable storage system.

Specification

The RDF structure proposed would revolve around a three-tier system composed of the NFT deployer (Subject), the event being wroten/minted (Predicate), and other individuals who partake in the event (Object).

Interaction can be expressed as NFTs, allowing people to mint their participation. The NFT’s RDF structure, however, remains immutable during all future transfers, unless explicitly opened for editing.

Coding logic detailing the RDF structure implementation in minting social interaction NFTs is as follows:
(Sorry that it is prevented from posting here because it “mentions more than 2 users”. I can offer later.)

With the above approach, the deployer records an event and is timestamped with participants included into NFTs. It can later be transferred with the RDF structure remaining immutable unless opened for editing.

Original Concepts Not Fully Developed Above

• The proposal can also facilitate the rewriting of someone else’s “history” or significant events. This could apply to both historical figures or modern public figures, creating a unique account of events and interpretations, which can be minted as NFTs.
  • The RDF structure of the NFT can also be opened up for editing, providing an avenue to ‘amend history’. Any amendments would be identifiable adding an engaging dynamism to the protocol.
  • The use of NFTs could redefine social interactions and ensure the fidelity and durability of histories. With the surge of information overload and data waste, the action of minting only significant events would ensure a clear and valid historical record.

Open-source commitment

“I commit to open-sourcing the NIP and grant permission for developers within the Mint blockchain ecosystem to build protocols and applications based on this NIP.”

3 Likes

Really interesting and I presume it is practical to execute. BTW, may I read your coding?

I would like to but the mint forum identifies that I am a “New User” who is forbidden from tagging in my coding. Let me show more patience.

I would like to but the mint forum identifies that I am a “New User” who is forbidden from tagging in my coding. Let me show more patience.